THANK YOU to Williston Auto & Walmart for awarding our very own High School Math Teacher – Mr. Marvin Pableo – as their TEACHER OF THE WEEK!
From Mr. Pableo: “I share this recognition to all the hardworking teachers of Williston Trinity Christian School. I find this recognition a very humbling, yet glorifying experience as a math teacher for about 8 years now. The same praise goes to my immediate heads for always guiding & supporting me every step of the way. I will always be indebted to you.
Mr. Pableo came to Williston Trinity Christian School from the Philippines for the 2018-2019 school year. This is his 3rd year teaching at WTCS. He has his Bachelor of Secondary Education degree from Cebu Normal University, 2013; and his Master of Education in Math at the University of the Philippines, 2017.
Outside of school, he enjoys painting his classroom, biking around Williston, and singing at the church. Riding in a helicopter & parachuting are items on his bucket list! Mr. Pableo comes from a large family – 8 siblings – he is the 3rd from the youngest. He always considers his family as his source of strength and life.
When asked what makes you CRU proud? His reply is “to be able to teach Math and at the same time talk about God with my students, that is what makes me proud to be a part of this CRU family.”
- Hometown: I am a native of Cebu, Philippines.
- Family: My father used to be in school maintenance and my mother has always been a dedicated and loving housewife. I have 8 siblings and I am the third youngest. I always consider my family as my source of strength and life.
- Who or what inspires you? My parents.
- Words of wisdom to live by: Do not look down on people no matter how successful you become.
- What was your first job? I used to work in a production company when I was 16.
- What skill would you love to learn? I would really love to play either the piano or guitar.
- You might not know this about me: I can ride my bike without using my hands. (Thank you Meriel – WTCS strings teacher – for teaching me how to do it.)
- What is your catchphrase? If you need help, please let me know.