Teacher Feature is WTCS 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Hailey Smith. This is Mrs. Smith’s 3rd year at WTCS; she started teaching here in the fall of 2018.
Mrs. Smith was born and raised in Williston, ND. She attended Williston State College, then Minot State University where she received her Bachelor in Education. When asked what led her to work in her field, she replied with, “My 5th grade teacher 😊 And a love for those light bulb moments.”
Mrs. Smith is married to her husband, Zachary. They welcomed their first child, Samuel Zachary Smith, on Nov. 15, 2020. He was 6lbs. 11oz. & 20.5 inches long! Congrats Smith Family!
What make Mrs. Smith CRU proud? “Seeing how inclusive the students are with one another.”
Here are some more fun facts about Mrs. Smith:
- What was your first job? Babysitting. But my first paycheck came from working the front desk at my dance studio, EDE.
- What did you name your first car & what was it? “John Luke” was a Honda Accord. (I was obsessed with Duck Dynasty.)
- What skill would you love to learn? Baking from scratch.
- You might not know this about me: I took 4 years of German and spent a month as an exchange student living in Germany & traveling to Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, & London.
- Hobbies & interests: Photography, fishing, spending time with family and my dogs.
- What is on your bucket list? Camp at every state & national park.
- Words of wisdom to live by? “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” -1st Peter 5:7.